LifeScape is a private, non-profit, independent organization that provides lifelong support for children and adults with disabilities.
LifeScape formed in mid-2014 when Children's Care Hospital & School and South Dakota Achieve joined together. Children’s Care Hospital & School opened in 1952 and South Dakota Achieve was founded in 1958.
The combined expertise of Children's Care in serving children and South Dakota Achieve in supporting adults makes us unique in the region. Our staff has unparalleled expertise in helping individuals of all ages reach their fullest potential and live fulfilling lives.
LifeScape is committed to promoting independence for children and adults with disabilities by providing specialized services, healthcare, community connections, and lifelong learning. The vision is that LifeScape will be responsive, innovative and dynamic in developing and delivering services to ignite life-changing opportunities.
Our Five Core Values are:
- Integrity – Being honest, respectful, and having strong moral principles
- Compassion – Demonstrating care and concern for the welfare of others and a desire to help the
- Fiscal Responsibility – Being accountable for spending wisely and within our means to benefit the mission
- Collaborative Relationships – Working cooperatively with others for the benefit of those we serve
- Excellence – Living our mission by being outstanding in all that we do
LifeScape helps people with physical, intellectual, rehabilitation, and behavioral challenges. The person's needs can be very mild to very complex. We offer outpatient therapy, a specialty school, and a rehabilitation hospital for children. We also have residential programs for children and adults, and help adults find work and life-enriching activities. Our subsidiary, Rehabilitation Medical Supply, provides mobility equipment for people of all ages. This includes wheelchairs, walkers, and other special equipment. We also have specialists in fitting braces and artificial limbs. LifeScape is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.